When you first download the app, you’ll need to log in. You can do this with your myNortheastern username and password by clicking Northeastern SSO. It is also possible to login to MentorHub NU with a phone number, but in most cases, you won’t need to do this.
Once you log in you will see this prompt indicating that Mentor Hub NU is not used for immediate emergency assistance. Please call the following number for any emergency situations
If it is your first time the app will begin by asking you a few questions about how you’re feeling about starting with Northeastern. In addition, you will also be asked to fill out a Check-In. You will be prompted to fill out a check-in every 24 hours while using the app.
Your dashboard will show you a graph of your point summary and a check-in summary. This is a helpful tool to quickly look at your progress an know how many points you currently have. Keeping track of your points and growth will help you with continuously progressing through the app.
- Summary: The summary tab shows you the Check-in scores that you recorded. This feature allows you to rank how challenging you feel on several dimensions of your life currently are from 1-10. The higher the score, the more challenging you feel that issue is.
- Check-in: Check-in is one of the core parts of the MentorHub learner experience. It has a few main functions, which are:
- Letting learners keep track of how they’re feeling about several challenges in their lives.
- Letting students share that information with you as the student success guide
- Letting the app directly recommend health and wellness resources that are appropriate for those challenges.
To Check-in, learners will move a slider to the right to indicate how severe that challenge feels. The more you move the slider to the right, the more you are struggling with that topic.
You will be the ability to rank your Academic Habits, Academic Planning, Career, Connectedness, Finance, and Health & Well-being on a scale of 0 (not a challenge) to 10 (very challenging). This will help your Student Success Guide and the MentorHub NU to tailor a plan to best help you as well as know what challenges are bothering you most right now. As you continuously update your check-in, the app will track your progress and summaries over time and recommend tailored solutions. We recommend filling out the Check-in at least once a week but feel free to complete it as many times as it is useful. Learners will have the option to complete a check-in every 24 hours. There are rewards tied to how often you complete them.
You will also be able to access your past check-in answers by clicking on the circular tab at the bottom of your screen.