With this easy-to-use app, you can practice mindfulness meditation anywhere, anytime with the guidance of the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center. Scientific research shows mindfulness can help manage stress-related physical conditions, reduce anxiety and depression, cultivate positive emotions, and help improve overall physical health and well-being.
Mindfulness is the practice of training the mind to be present through moment-to-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, body sensations and environment.Mindfulness promotes an attitude of openness, curiosity, and awillingness to be with our experience. Through regular practice, taught through this app, you can develop a meditation practice and learn to bring more mindfulness into your daily life.
This app offers:
- Basic Meditations for getting started, in both English and Spanish
- Wellness Meditations for people suffering from challenging health conditions
- Informative videos exploring how to get started, supportive meditation postures, and the science of mindfulness
- Weekly podcasts from UCLA’s Hammer Museum– a 30 minute meditation on different themes you can search for and bookmark
- A timer to meditate on your own
Help Using the App:
For help using the app, please see the user guide below
How do I access UCLA Mindful for MentorHub?
- Based on your responses to the Mood Ring, MentorHub recommends one or more of our Partner Apps for you to help with the challenges you identified
- You can find these recommendations in the “Tools” tab, under “Recommended” on your MentorHub app
- If UCLA Mindful is recommended to you based on your Mood Ring, you can download the app through MentorHub. You will then see the app in the “Tools” tab under “My Apps” in MentorHub
UCLA Mindful App User Guide:UCLA Mindful User Guide_PDF